Sunday 10 April 2011

The Royal Wedding Approaches!

The Royal Wedding is nearly upon us and it has brought me an exciting commission which has been keeping me busy for the last few weeks. Living in Newbury is usually fairly unexciting but just recently Middleton fever has taken over. Kate's parents still live in her home village of Bucklebury and this has been a great opportunity for Bucklebury Parish to plan a big bash celebrate the big day!

The event which has been called Tea in the Park is going to be held at Bucklebury Farm Park on Friday 29th April after the wedding itself. It is going to be a fun filled day with live music, a hog roast, a prince and princess crown and and tiara competition and lots more. 

I have been helping the committee with all their artistic requirements for the event. My main work has been a drawing of The Avenue of Oaks which is a beautiful row of oak trees which were planted in commemoration of Queen Elizabeth I's visit. I am hoping to put together a video showing how the drawing came to life so look out for my next post which hopefully won't take as long as this one has! 


No comments:

Post a Comment